UFC 242 Live Results: Khabib vs. Poirier (Results & Fight Stats)
(Click on the fight below and then scroll down to see in-fight live stats and full results, courtesy of Fight Analytics. Full live results for the first UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier bout from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, is scheduled to begin on Saturday, Sept. 7, at 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT.)
NOTE the early UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier start time
- UFC 242 main card start time: 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT on ESPN+ Pay-Per-View
- UFC 242 prelims start time: 12 p.m. (Noon) ET / 9 a.m. PT on FX
- UFC 242 early prelims start time: 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT on UFC Fight Pass
The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, for UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier. The event is the UFC’s first under a new five-year partnership with the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi) to bring UFC events to the emirate for the next five years.
Each event in Abu Dhabi is expected to host at least one UFC title fight, and there is a big one right out of the gate.
UFC 242 features the promotion’s first and only Muslim champion in Khabib Nurmagomedov, as he headlines the fight card looking to unify his lightweight championship with the interim title held by Dustin Poirier.
The UFC 242 headlining bout will determine the sole, undisputed UFC lightweight champion. It also marks Nurmagomedov’s first time in the Octagon since he was suspended after defeating Conor McGregor at UFC 229 on Oct. 6, 2018.
After Nurmagomedov submitted McGregor in the fourth round, he leapt over the cage to engage with one of the Irishman’s cornermen. That Nevada State Athletic Commission suspended him for nine months because of his actions.
During Nurmagomedov’s hiatus, Poirier stopped featherweight champion Max Holloway’s bid to become a UFC champ-champ, defeating him by unanimous decision on April 13 of this year at UFC 236 in Atlanta. Poirier became the interim UFC lightweight champion with his win over Holloway, earning the right to meet Nurmagomedov.
UFC 242 co-main event features a another pivotal lightweight bout, as Edson Barboza squares off with Paul Felder.
It’s important to note the early start time for UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier because of the time difference between Abu Dhabi and the United States. The main card, which airs on ESPN+ Pay-Per-View, starts at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT. The UFC 242 preliminary bouts will air on the FX Network (which is now owned by ESPN) at 12 p.m. ET (Noon) / 9 a.m. PT. The UFC 242 early preliminary bouts will air on UFC Fight Pass at 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT.
Check out the MMAWeekly.com Rumors page for more scheduled events and rumored fight cards.
UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier results from Abu Dhabi
– – – – – UFC 242 FULL LIVE RESULTS WILL LOAD HERE ON FIGHT DAY – – – – –
UFC 242: Khabib vs. Poirier fight card for Abu Dhabi
Main Card (2 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov(c) vs. Dustin Poirier(ic)*
- Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder
- Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
- Mairbek Taisumov vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
Prelims (12 p.m. – Noon ET on FX)
- Khalid Taha vs. Bruno Silva
- Don Madge vs. Fares Ziam
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalén
- Liana Jojua vs. Sarah Moras
Early Prelims (10 a.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass)
- Belal Muhammad vs. Takashi Sato
- Nordine Taleb vs. Muslim Salikhov
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Zak Cummings
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Andrea Lee
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Lerone Murphy
*UFC lightweight unification bout
(ic) interim champion